Thursday, January 12, 2012

A few shaky days

The past few days have not been as good as I would have liked. I overslept twice (once after drinking the night before. So no drinking after 10pm, except on special occasions!) Oversleeping meant that I couldn't do the second Couch to 5K exercise, and I would have done it this morning instead, but I'm going climbing tonight. I don't want to be all tired for climbing. And I'm going ski-ing on Sunday. I may have to start again on Couch to 5K. But that's no big deal.

Tingting arrived, so productivity at work will be down a bit for the next few months. That might make things trickier. Then again, Steve leaves on Friday which will make things easier. And this year is all about working smarter, not harder. Getting rid of service trigger work will go a long way towards that goal.

I've decided to take things in smaller steps. I don't need to do everything at once, so I'm easing myself into a lot of changes. Sleep and fitness come first. The sleep is just a matter of practice (to undo about 15 years of bad practice) and the fitness is going to take more care. I started with yoga to get some stretches going, and Couch to 5K as a way to build up stamina, but I'm thinking of following this 30 day course (starting Friday) Bodyrock 30 Day Challenge.

If I can put together enough French on Saturday, I'm signing up to the local gym. Then I'll put a gym bag in the car. 3 times a week is not unreasonable. The price is not insane either, which is nice, given that the last time I joined a gym it cost me 30 pounds for a year.

Also added to the list of resolutions: stop being racist. It's fun to make fun of the French, the Swiss, the Americans and even the English, but no more. Jokes are to be confined to between close friends.

I'm thinking of keeping a log of my sleeping habits. But that might be taking things too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment